Regulators

Posted by Eric | 10/06/2008 02:37:00 PM | , , , , , | 0 comments »

"I'm gettin' jacked,
I'm breakin' myself
I can't believe they taking Warren's wealth
They took my rings,
They took my Rolex
I looked at the brotha said
'Damn, what's next?' "


-Warren G, Regulators

The current financial crisis turns our attention back towards the last great American financial crisis - the Savings and Loan collapse in the late 1980s early 1990s which came as a direct result of deregulation put into effect during the Reagan administration. Of particular interest is the role John McCain played in the Keating 5 Scandal:




McCain's Lawyer during the scandal responds:



But, Dowd preferred Fred Thompson's candidacy for President in 2008.

Not to belabor the point, but its difficult to argue your record as a regulator when your running mate is left stumped:

0 comments